outreach program for medical professionals (mida)
Tue, 14 September 2010 10:01:07 | News | Admin
Objective of the Program: To introduce the concept of globalization and liberalization of health services especially in the ASEAN region.
The above program, organized by MMA Sabah Branch and MIDA, will be held as follows:-
- DATE: 10th October 2010 (Sunday)
- TIME: 8.15am
- VENUE: THE MAGELLAN SUTERA, Meeting Room 3, Level 1, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Objective of the Program:
- To introduce the concept of globalization and liberalization of health services especially in the ASEAN region.
- To highlight the challenges and opportunities available to MMA members in view of the various trade agreements including AFTA and the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) for medical practitioners.
- 8.15am: Welcome by Dr. Herric Corray, Chairman of MMA Sabah Branch
- 8.20am: Introduction
- 9.00am: Pharmacy Enforcement Talk by Pharmacy Enforcement Officer
- 10.00am: Tea Break
- 10.30am: General Practitioner Issues - MCOs, MSQH Accreditation
- 11.30am: I-Care the future of healthcare
- 12.30pm: Discussion/ Q&A/ Lunch Break
- 2.30pm: AFTA and ASEAN MRA: Implications for Medical Practice
- 3.00pm: Specialist Issues - MCOs, Fee Schedule, Opportunity and challenges in specialist private clinics
- 4.00pm: Discussion/ Q&A/ Tea Break
Early Bird payment before or by the 10th September 2010
- MMA Member - RM50.00
- Non MMA Member - RM80.00
Late Bird payment after or from the 11th September 2010
- MMA Member - RM80.00
- Non MMA Member - RM100.00
Mode of Payment: CIMB 1002-0006533-05-2
Cheques payable to Malaysian Medical Association (Sabah Branch)
Hoping that all doctors can participate in this program.